I watched High Fidelity yesterday. My brother would be proud–I bet it’s one of his top 5 movies of all time. Heh. If you’re not laughing you haven’t watched the movie recently. Get to it. John Cusack rocks.
In the spirit of High Fidelity and Top *whatever* lists, I give you…Top Ten Books of all time. (In my opinion anyway. You twilighters out there, don’t send me hate mail when Twilight doesn’t make top 10. And *shocking spoiler* it won’t.)
To kick off my first Top Ten list it’s only suitable to post a quote from High Fidelity:
Hey, I’m not the smartest guy in the world, but I’m certainly not the dumbest. I mean, I’ve read books like “The Unbearable Lightness of Being” and “Love in the Time of Cholera”, and I think I’ve understood them. They’re about girls, right? Just kidding. But I have to say my all-time favorite book is Johnny Cash’s autobiography “Cash” by Johnny Cash. –Rob Gordon
Top Ten Books by Kristin
10. No Greater Love–Danielle Steele
9. Message in a Bottle–Nicholas Sparks
8. Born in Ice (2nd book in the Born In Trilogy)–Nora Roberts
7. Cold Fire–Dean Koontz
6. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (5th book in the Harry Potter series)–J.K. Rowling
5. Valley of Silence (3rd book in the Circle Trilogy)–Nora Roberts
4. Lover Eternal (2nd in the BlackDagger Brotherhood Series)–J.R. Ward
3. Time Traveler’s Wife–Audrey Niffenegger
2. A Knight in Shining Armor–Jude Devereaux
And the #1 of all time…*insert Chevy Chase freaky-tongue drumroll here*
1. Rebecca–Daphne DuMaurier
Bet that last one was a shocker, wasn’t it? If you’ve been reading my blog long, you know it’s my go-to novel. What’s in your Top Ten? Better yet, what’s your #1?
2 thoughts on “Top Ten Books of all time”
ooh i've never seen High Fidelity before — but it looks like i need to watch it! :Dlove your top ten — definitely some books i need to add to my TBR.haha i think your post just made me realize there's even MORE i haven't read and seen!great blog!
Thank you so much! And yes, High Fidelity is a must see. It's always fun to bask in other people's relationship failures…and subsequent success. 🙂 Glad you ran into my blog!